We will be having a group show this Saturday (June 29) at Post (formerly Pablo gallery) at Cubao X. If you're curious enough, feel free to drop by our Curious Buffet! It is a showcase of kitchen wares from pots to pans to plates and spoons with a dash of art and a pint of creative juices! I'll be displaying my ceramics and some weird creature from -gasp- a coconut grater. :))


Poster by James Abalos and Company 
(EDIT: Wiji Lacsamana for embroidery, Lou Pineda, Charlene Villamor and Jamie Bauza for illustration!! Hi friends)

Unfortunately, my intended set of works didn't make it on time for the exhibit 
but I'll find good use for it in the future. 

On a different note, here are some recent and not so recent works from the wood-fired kiln.




Shino-glazed tea set. Inspired by Nelfa Querubin's use of lines


Looks good for ramen, yes?


Some odd shape that was part of a bigger piece but broke off.


I got this jar from the kiln just a few days ago and I love Joey de Castro's blue glaze! 




I am almost sure I colored these green but it turned out blue. 
A thing with ceramics is do not expect too much, there will always be something that turns out differently
And I am genuinely in love with the imperfections.
(Same goes with life)


Mixing and matching my wares


Loving the contrast of textures here :)
-End-

See you on the weekend, folks!


One Comment

  1. nice meeting you last night iori (na napagkamalan kong si Leo) hahha :D congrats sa ating lahat!

    ReplyDelete