Another delayed post! Just finding the time to write again. Summer has been extremely busy with personal projects and this! I have been blogging numerous times about pottery and my slight obsession with making my own. And it is a privilege that Clay Ave Pottery Studio by Mia Casal has invited me to be her studio assistant this summer! 


For three months plus now, I have been at the studio in Quezon City helping in whatever bit I can. From assisting Mia in teaching the students the basics of handbuilding, to cleaning the studio and preparing the materials, to installing ceiling fixtures, to sorting out greenware and bisquewares, to measuring glazed pots and to eventually teaching the students on my own! It was definitely a learning experience for me and I feel really grateful for this opportunity. Sharing the little knowledge I have to other students is a blessing I wouldn't forget. It may sound cliche but it is true that we learn while we teach. And I did learn a lot! Not only  did I learn more about molding clay but also about molding our lives with the Master Potter as our guide. I wouldn't be here without Him. Because He knows what is truly our Heart's desire.


Two of my first students, Sophia and Mauro!

While my mentor is on leave, I took the opportunity to make my own pieces. Yay
Practice do enhance skill, Im still figuring out my own style but for now,
 I just want to make, make, make whatever comes to mind! 
 A sneak preview of the studio on this rainy season.






More projects coming up!


“Someday, somewhere - anywhere, unfailingly, you'll find yourself, and that, and only that, can be the happiest or bitterest hour of your life.”


Photos (c) Clay Ave Pottery Studio and Iori Espiritu


Leave a Reply