...To sing a carol
This week feels like Christmas. I'm very happy to get my ceramic pieces from the two studios I'm working on! One is at Clay Ave Pottery Studio in Katipunan and the other one at UP College of Fine Arts. Clay Ave fires a gas kiln while UP used a wood-fired kiln for our workshop. I love how different the outcomes are! My labor of love :) 



And here are the rest of it.






I have this affair with sea things




I am still wondering why I keep coming back to make more and more pottery. My present mantra is to just go with the flow, and for some reason, I keep coming back to the studio to work my way into clay. I don't really have a certain idea what I want to make for the day when I make my pieces. Sometimes, the clay just talks to me and ta-dah! This is the result. And I'm happy with just that. What I realized at most is that pottery is a form of meditation for me. It is a sort of prayer, and in prayer comes a moment of peace. 



Also, I love how the sky looks like this time of the year. Do you see it too?

Previous post: Pettyjohn Pottery Trip


Leave a Reply