I got my ceramic pots from both the wood fire kiln and the gas kiln on the same week! 

Bowl. White glaze. Woodfired


I love how woodfired pieces create an inconsistency. You really don't know what will happen to them. 
I love this texture but I can't use it unless I pop every bubble so Im leaving it as it is.


My babies! I was engrossed with enclosed form during this time. I now have four eggs.
I like the one on the right with a white glaze on top that looks like whipped cream over coffee.


Bowl in brown glaze. Outer part unglazed.


My precious teapot! I also love this color. Excellent unexpected glaze!


And something I experimented on after seeing Tessy Pettyjohn's work :)



Lovely turquoises.

Also, I've put up a new illlustration and ceramics portfolio. You can view it here



Note to self 021313:  After a second try at wood firing, I've seen how much better we've done this time around. Only that my works aren't there and I really wished they are because I can feel how good the outcome of 10 hours of labor is . Also inspired by students' works. I've tried to avoid this for the longest time but I guess I'm ready to move ceramics to art-level.


Leave a Reply