went to polillo this weekend. a breathe of fresh air. There's something about this place that makes me think about a lot of stuff. Maybe because there is nothing better to do, no internet, no signal for your celphones and electricity cut off on certain periods. The good thing about this place is i never get bored going back to the same place. Like the ricefields in front of my grandma's house, or the aplaya or seashore on the west side. Or the stream nearby. The locals say I shouldn't be wandering off alone but I like my alone-time like this. Quiet times.

As much as I love people-watching, I like observing nature as it unfolds. The seashells on the beach are never the same. At this time in February, with the winds strong, there is a certain variety that comes out in bounty. And disappears as fast as they came. (I collect them before they turn into sand. I won't take this back: I am a proud seashell collector. Despite my being linked to environmental advocacies, this is a habit i can not remove myself from. Take nothing but pictures, yes. But with the exception of seashells, this I just have a certain spiritual connection with.)


(edit) Not Baby Whale shark but marble catshark daw hahaha "accidentally" caught in the net.
Poor souls. Their mother is probably crying for their loss. My heart bleeds too.

porcupine fish or buktit, a relative of the puffer fish.
Caught for dinner.

this is my new boyfriend: Pablo
He's a GPS device, a Garmin eTrex Legend HCX to be exact.
and his directions are as hard as a poem to decipher, thus the name.
will be posting maps soon!

Sonnet XII
I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.



Leave a Reply